X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

A720 on/of bump

Hi, I have a question for the owners of the Revox A720 preamplifier:
    My unit, when switched on/off, send a bump to all the output (both tapes and power amplifier are affected), so I have to connect/disconnect the power amp each time I switch the preamplifier using the out buttons on the unit.

Now the preamp is connected to a pair of bang olufsen beolab 8000 active speaker, but I used it also with a Revox B740, always using RCA .

So my question whether this is a normal beavior or may unit is defective.

It could be normal, since there isn't an anti-bump circuit (unless you are using a B722 connected with a din cable, in that case, as I understand from the manual, the final stage is switched on with a certain delay), and so it could be that if using the rca as output you are supposed to switch the output every time, but I vould be like to be sure.

Thanks to everyone

AW: A720 on/of bump

Up, no A720 owners out there?

Kommentar

Hi, I have an A720 but I was too lazy to answer because my English is not very good.
      I possess a A720 preceiver and two A722 power amps. When I use the A722 without remote power on function, there is a very noisy bump. So I switch on the A720 first.
      I think it's the normal behaviour of the A720, the power on delay of A722 will avoid the bump.
      Zuletzt geändert von peter-hifi; 19.08.2013, 20:38.
      LG peter-hifi
      If you make ist idiotproof, s.o. will build a better idiot.

Kommentar

Hi, tanks you for the answer, good to hear that.

Kommentar

Hello,

ReVox has solved this problem in the later versions of the A720. I own three A720, and each of these has a different circuit to avoid the bump. The oldest one is series no. 1922 and has no delay relay for the preamp outputs. The second is series no. 4723, and this has a relay on a very small extra board at the downside of the unit with little 'wild west' wiring to the other boards. The third one is series no. 7203 and this has a redesigned switch board on top of the unit with the relay on it. Seems as if ReVox didn't presume that customers use an A720 with a power amp from another manufacturer.

Kommentar

Thanks you Amplifier, really interesting, I would like to see the Wild West cabling , I bet it's quite noticeable compared to the really well engineered rest of the internals parts.

Unfortunately my unit is being repaired right now as it has started to have an unbalanced channel, but this is another story.

Thanks for the help
            Giovanni

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X