X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

A720 volumepoti and spareparts

Hallo,

Since a couple of weeks I am the proud owner of a Revox A720, A78 and the BX350. But I got a couple of problems and questions:
    First:
    The volume slider is broken and I have to search for a new complete potmeter. I know it's 50kOhm lineair but I read some problems with a connection to the Loudness. My question is; Exactly which potentiometer I have to get, original or aftermarket ( Alps? )
    Second:
    The wooden sidepanels, what kind of wood is it? Or does somebody have them? Tips? They're not on mine and it looks awful now.
    Third:
    Where do I get the aluminium ramp under it? Mine is completly flat. On pictures of the original I see a strip under the front ( 1cm ).

The solutions for the other problems I already read on this forum.

You can answer in German if there is a problem, I can do a google translate.

Thanks very much in advance

Greetings Marc from Utrecht NL

AW: A720 volumepoti and spareparts

Hi Marc,
    Zitat von SquierJV Beitrag anzeigen
    ...The volume slider is broken and I have to search for a new complete potmeter. I know it's 50kOhm lineair but I read some problems with a connection to the Loudness. My question is; Exactly which potentiometer I have to get, original or aftermarket ( Alps? )...
    what exactly do you mean with broken and isn't there a mark/name/type on the potentiometer itself?

Regards
    Borut

Kommentar

Hey Borut,

Check my photo album:

Explore marcbass75’s 111 photos on Flickr!

Kommentar

Hey Borut,

Check my photo album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130923211@N08/
        The loose knob you see is the knob of the balance. So I miss the knob of the volume, but the main problem is the potentiometer itself ( photo 10 and 11 )

Kommentar

Hi Marc,

i see. For the pot and the knob you shuld contact the forum member Peter Meinhold, he might be able to help you (with oder parts you're looking for also). If the pot isn't available, you should disassemble yours - perhaps you can find one in your local electronic store from which you could use the broken knob mounting...just a thought.

As for the original pot replacement: Peter Meinhold or Revox...i don't have a clue about an aftermarket one, though, sorry.

Regards
          Borut

Kommentar

Hello,
            in 2010, ds23man wrote:

ds23man
            15.09.2010, 09:27

Regards,

Gerhard

Kommentar

Tough luck, that is old. What was left was bought by me

Kommentar

Thx for the answer. I got a pm from Peter and I hope he can help me further.

Thx again
                Cheers
                Marc

Kommentar

If someone still have tips, links or anything that can help me it is much appreciated.
                  Thx!

Kommentar

I ordered some parts from Peter but still looking for the sliding volume potentiometer. This really, really hard to find. Everyday I watch ebay but it doesn't come by. I am also realising that parts for the A720 are hard to find anyhow. That's why I also try searching for A700 stuff, but still no succes.

Kommentar

I ordered some parts from Peter but still looking for the sliding volume potentiometer...
                      I suppose that Revox can't help you out...you might try your luck with:
                      - heinzmen
                      - Thomas Schröder
                      - etc.

...but, if the pot works fine electricaly/contact wise, i still would dismantle it and search for a possible knob-mounting replacement from another one.

Bare in mind that the damm thing wasn't produced yesterday...it's from another millenium!

Wish you luck.
                      Borut

Kommentar

Thx Borut,
                        I'll check those links.
                        I bought a B780 just yesterday in mint condition, didn't work, changed one fuse and voila! Damn what a nice reciever is this. Still I think the A720 is something else so I'm gonna fix this also. And then I'm going to look for a A722 to finish the set.
                        Thx!

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X